1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cranestep - MW Monk

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Khajiit, 3 Jun 2019.

1. Khajiit

Khajiit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Name
    Steven

20 (but not a whiny little pre-pubescent twat)

Tell us a little about yourself
    I've been playing wow on and off since WoD and decided to make an attempt to properly get into mythic raiding this expansion with some decent success, getting 6/9M in BoD and getting a significant amount of experience on jaina. (Though sadly not getting the kill.) I'm currently studying physics at university and enjoying my time off before the next year starts.

Currently sitting at 7/8M in EP and there's a couple issues that are making me want to look elsewhere for another guild.

Enter your WoW character, up to 5 may be added.
    Cranestep - Character - WoW
    Khajiitè - Character - WoW

Would you consider playing any of these characters as your main with guild support to gear up?
    I would be more than happy to play either class as my main, while I don't have as much experience with disc priest i'd be happy to pick it up and learn it properly.

Please list Warcraft Logs / World of Logs parses or similar.
    We like looking at logs and while we look for things like how high you are on that meter we also look for defensive skill usage and how much you stress the healers.
    Cranestep - Draenor - Warcraft Logs

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft - for a night of jaina wipes and our best attempt

Why do you play your Class?
    During legion I switched between classes and roles quite a lot and never quite managed to find one I liked, though eventually in the pre patch I found that I quite enjoyed mistweaver monk and the changes made only improved the class for me. I've mained it since then and enjoyed the high mobility it offers while still being able to push out large amounts of healing.

What are your classes strong and weak points? How is your class valuable?
    The class brings with it solid raid wide healing while having a strong tank healing component for fights like rasta that require it, this means that it can be quite flexible and fits into a healing team quite nicely. The defensives it brings are also extremely strong and by being on a short CD can be used quite often to minimise incoming damage. And of course it also has large amounts of mobility that I adore about the class.

The weakest point would likely be the raid cooldowns it brings, life cocoon is decent but fairly average when compared to the other externals that healers bring. Revival also lacks the large healing component that other raid wide cooldowns are able to put out, though the fact that it is instant cast makes up for this somewhat.

(Really MW isn't valuable in the slightest and it's depressing af.)

In which fights have you been in charge of handling special game mechanics in your raiding career?
    The main one that I can remember is focusing on healing the tank that's tanking bwonsamdi on rasta as mistweaver, aside from that I was also on MC duty on jaina for a brief time as disc.

Spent some time as the 3rd tank on ashvane until we switched over to the 2 tank strat.
    Raid UI screenshot - in raid content.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...040281473384458/WoWScrnShot_060219_214047.jpg

While it is in lfr it doesn't change much from there aside from a note on ert and fight specific weakauras.

Computer specs
    RTX 2070
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    i7 7700 processor

What would you say are the 3 most important addons that you use?
    WA, BigWigs and Elvui

Do you have an authenticator?
    Yes

How did you hear about Foundation, and what made you consider applying?
    With my current guild no longer progressing until 8.2 I found foundation on wowprogress after having a look to see what options exist. The guild has raid hours that fit m schedule and good progress in the current raid tier.

We use Discord to communicate during raids. Ability to connect to this is mandatory.
    Do you have a headset with a microphone and are you able to communicate verbally in English?
    Yes and yes

Any questions for us or anything else you would like to add?
    no

#1 Khajiit, 3 Jun 2019
    Last edited: 7 Nov 2019
  2. Reinforce

Reinforce Guild Officer
    Guild Officer Raider

Ratings:
    +9 / 3 / -0
    Thanks for the 4 applications haha. We'll discuss and get back to u!

3. Reinforce

Reinforce Guild Officer
    Guild Officer Raider

Ratings:
    +9 / 3 / -0
    Withdrawn

4. Khajiit

Khajiit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Reapplying to the guild and reinforce was kind enough to unlock this for me, edited a couple of things while I was at it.

5. Reinforce

Reinforce Guild Officer
    Guild Officer Raider

Ratings:
    +9 / 3 / -0
    As already discussed, application is accepted with 8.3 in mind! Glad ur not 19, and whiny, had enough of those recently!