1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Application: Deichi

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Deja, 23 Jun 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deja

Deja New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Name: Kevin

Age 45(!)

Tell us a little about yourself
    Born in England, grew up in South Africa, lived in Switzerland, currently live in Scotland. Bit of a wow nerd. Cycled across the USA twice when I was younger and fitter. I'm not now!

Enter your WoW character, up to 5 may be added.
    WoW Rankings - Raider.IO
    WoW Rankings - Raider.IO

Would you consider playing any of these characters as your main with guild support to gear up?
    Yes, I have a max level MW, resto/balance dru and priest that I play all 3 specs on that could be used.

Please list Warcraft Logs / World of Logs parses or similar.
    Deichi - Draenor - Warcraft Logs

Only rerolled to the MW in BoD since we had 3 priests in Disillusioned which wasn't optimal. Logs are adequate without being great but since I haven't raided for a few months I've been doing M+ so I've gotten a lot better. I got to 2.3k on the monk so I'm happier with my ability on it now.

Why do you play your Class?
    Switched to it since we had too many priests. I like the utility and the mobility. It's a very versatile class but I'm not married to it so happy to swap to whatever the guild may need.

What are your classes strong and weak points? How is your class valuable?
    It brings the melee debuff which is pretty mandatory. It has excellent mobility and utility and good personals. It has a strong external on a decent CD.
    Weak points? It eats mana like a morbidly obese dude with no impulse control at a free all you can eat buffet.

In which fights have you been in charge of handling special game mechanics in your raiding career?
    Ran orbs on G'huun mythic. Monk solo ftw.
    Nothing else special comes to mind, I'm happy to do whatever is needed to kill a boss if I'm a good choice for it. I'm not going to hide from the responsibility.

Raid UI screenshot - in raid content.
    Don't have one atm, can get one if needed but its pretty standard fodder.

Computer specs
    I7-8700 3.2ghz
    16gb Ram
    Nvidia GTx 1070 6Gb

What would you say are the 3 most important addons that you use?
    WA / Bigwigs and tidyplates

Do you have an authenticator?
    Yes

How did you hear about Foundation, and what made you consider applying?
    Looked through wowprogress for Draenor guilds that are capable of CE, that seem stable and aren't full of people spamming ASCII dicks 24/7. (Hope I'm not misreading things here!)

We use Discord to communicate during raids. Ability to connect to this is mandatory.
    Do you have a headset with a microphone and are you able to communicate verbally in English?
    Yes. I know when to speak and when to shut up.

Any questions for us or anything else you would like to add?
    I was in Disillusioned for the better part of 6 years before it died, been in 2 guilds since that this expac killed. I'm looking for a stable guild that I can call home. I like to think I'm one of those unicorns that signs up, shows up, does whats needed with no drama or babysitting etc.

2. Borelia

Borelia Recruitment Guru
    Guild Officer

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your app. We will discuss it and get back asap.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rekona

Rekona Raid Team
    Raider

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey there,

As the current mistweaver in the guild I wanted to ask you a few questions after reading your application.

1. Going into 8.2 what essences (HOA) most appeal to you as a mistweaver?

2. When reading your answer to the question "What are your classes strong and weak points? How is your class valuable?" You have mentioned some keys things but can you talk a little more in depth about your spell priority? What are your bread and butter spells pre say? What role are you playing within a team and so on

4. Deja

Deja New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    1) Conflict and strife appeals to me the most. Punching stuff to heal is cool and its not an insignificant amount of healing. I have concerns over the 25k (12.5k with mana tea cost), I hope its as good in practice as it looks on paper.
    b) Memory of lucid dreams looks like the shoe-in for throughput atm though its a pretty boring essence
    c) Lifebinders looks good for burst healing.
    d) Well looks good for M+ but I guess thats not the focus here.

2) Oh God. What role I play tends to be defined by what else the raid is bringing. At some stages I healed with 2 holy priests and a resto druid. There I'm playing to stop the tanks flopping because my single target throughput is strong. If you take a fight like grong, it doesn't help I overuse EF and RJW and marvel at the meters if the tanks are dying consistently. So in this case I took statue and pumped heals in to tanks getting thrown etc trusting that the raid healing was covered by CD's and the other classes that were well suited to it. I don't think theres a one size fits all for this, you need to understand your healing teammates to see where you can compliment them. Sometimes "rawr hps!!!" isn't the best answer.

Spell prio? Keep Renewing mists up at all times. Make good use of my teas. EF smartly. For a bit of burst, EF, mana tea and spam vivify for the extra mastery.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Borelia

Borelia Recruitment Guru
    Guild Officer

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    After much consideration we have decided to decline your application. Good luck in your future seach for a guild.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.