1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Affliction Lock

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Dotchabich, 26 Feb 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dotchabich

Dotchabich Guild Member

26 Feb 2018

Tell us a little about yourself:

I’m from the UK, working for a software company supporting CRM/ Accounting Software so regular hours and free weekends. I mainly play WoW in my free time doing mythic+ but also play guitar in a band which doesn’t clash with your raid times.

Enter your WoW character, up to 5 may be added.

Dotchabich – Aff Lock – Draenor
    Fernora – Havoc DH - Draenor

Dotchabich - WoW - Warlock. I have all legos and run mythic plus lots recently so legos might look strange.
    Fernora - WoW - Havoc DH. I probably have t20 on but I do have hc ilvl t21.

Would you consider playing any of these characters as your main with guild support to gear up?

Yeah, I would be more that happy to play Havoc DH as I mained this through Nighthold and the start of ToS. I also have Arcanocrystal on the dh so that is part of the farm done. Lol. I have bis ledgendaries on the DH too.

Please list Warcraft Logs / World of Logs parses or similar.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/draenor/dotchabich - Warlock logs
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/draenor/fernora - DH logs

Why do you play your Class?

I started playing Warlock because I liked the class fantasy, the look of the armour and of course the damage. When I started playing Warlock, I got very frustrated very quickly as getting decent legendaries for this at the start was very hard. I really like maintaining dots on multiple targets and the self healing. I am always looking for little tips between fights and seeing what mechanics on hc I can cheese by just draining. I play DH because it’s a direct contrast to the Warlock, fast paced even though t20 is very button spammy. Recently I like playing mythic+ a lot more and I feel that these are both good classes for that.

What are your classes strong and weak points? How is your class valuable?

Warlock; well the strong points are the single target damage, the aoe damage and the multi target damage. The self heal even after the nerf is so good and Aff locks have fairly good movement due to burning rush, demonic circle and even lock gateway. I bring health stones and a portal to sum people (They’re strong points right?). Weak points probably would be even though we start with 3 shards, the burst damage isn’t great, movement might be a little bit of a weak point but due to drain and the other points mentioned above. It’s not much of an issue. Havoc DH has Good strong burst aoe and single target. It has a good raid CD in darkness and I feel decent defensives with blur and if you talent into it, an immunity.

In which fights have you been in charge of handling special game mechanics in your raiding career?

I have never really had any specific jobs that other people have other than going in the pods on high command or putting a gateway down here and there. I am currently Raid leading the guild I am in now and we have 4/11M with 3 weeks of raiding but the problem is we are a 2 night a week guild and 6 hours in total. We are taking a lot of people that are “friends” of other people that aren’t good enough and the GM just hasn’t turned up to a single raid yet so I took the responsibility to Raid Lead.

Raid UI screenshot - in raid content.

Not at my pc with wow installed as I am at work. I have elvui, details, dbm, rcloot council, Weak Auras, exorsus raid tools and angry assignments. I can link at a later date if needed.

Computer specs:

Rzyen 1600x
    16gb G Skill Flare X ram
    GTX 1070 Msi gaming x
    250gb ssd

And a HP Omen 15” for when I go away with work: (Commitment)

i5 7200u
    8gb ram
    GTX 1050ti
    128gb ssd

What would you say are the 3 most important addons that you use?

DBM, Weak Auras, Elvui. DBM for telling me whats what during fights. Weak Auras for tracking my dots, UAs, Boss abilities, Battle Res and procs. Elvui to provide with me a better ui that focuses my attention to my character and not the edges of the screen so can do tactics.

Do you have an authenticator?

Yes I do.

How did you hear about Foundation, and what made you consider applying?

I saw them on WoW Progress and members around Dalaran. I Saw that you raid 3 days that are perfect with what I wanna raid, times etc. Also you need a warlock. I want to raid at a higher end as I don’t feel the guild I am in at the moment will kill Imonar and after being in Massive on Draenor I know that Mythic progress can be better. I also want to push myself to become better and find better players to play with. I also feel that I would be a good addition to the guild as I look into each fight a extensively and also class optimising with looking at logs + Simming my character.

We use Teamspeak to communicate during raids. Ability to connect to this is mandatory.
    Do you have a headset with a microphone and are you able to communicate verbally in English?

Yeah I am from the UK so English is my main language, I have a Corsair Void headset so talking is not an issue. Also with raid leading I’m not shy so I will talk when needed. Teamspeak will be fine. I have it installed, I just haven’t used it in ages.

Any questions for us or anything else you would like to add?

Do you do old raids for example so I can get higher Tier 20 on my DH, the Gul’Dan mount or the Chosen Title. Also Mythic+ are there groups that do it regularly? I have a group that I have started to do it with but would like better, more experienced people to push higher keys.
  2. Reinforce

Reinforce Guild Member

8 Nov 2017
    Logs seem decent enough, and if u can do damage anywhere near to our current warlock then that definitely cant be a bad thing. I'm sure the officers can answer any questions u might have, but in terms of m+, there are a group of us who do it fairly regularly.

Good luck with ur application
  3. Melamber

Melamber Cat Herder
    Guild Leader

27 Aug 2017
    Heya Simon,

We're up for a trial, can hit up any of the officers or raiders for an invite to the guild.
  4. Marmelada

Marmelada Guild Member

27 Nov 2017
    Good luck man, but if I was Mel, i would ask for name change to be part of trial :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.