1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greyman - MM Hunter

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Greyman, 16 May 2018.

1. Greyman

Greyman New Member

Name: Ghitescu Dan Stefan

Tell us a little about yourself

As personal bio, I'm an easygoing person with a drive for helping out and trying to learn as much as possible while developing on a spiritual level. In my free time I play this game, basketball and paintball, sight-see like crazy and have regular parties with friends and family. I have a passion for photography, psychology and philosophy and am a Romanian at hearth.

Career wise, I'm an Aerospace Engineer that works in safety and security for a UK airline.

Enter your WoW character, up to 5 may be added.

Main: Greyman // MM Hunter (Greyman - WoW)

Main alt:
    Hapciupos // R-Tank-B Druid (Hapciupos - WoW)

2nd Alt:
    Bastién // MW-BM Monk (Bastién - WoW)

Used to play main raider on different specs during multiple expansions and my peak as a raider was during SoO, while I played competitively world ranks with Apex-Al'Akir. I have also done 4xRealm first CM's back in MoP and had times that were world top 11, 13 and 17 (if I remember correctly). These have been achieved with a couple of friends I knew back then during the first tries. Good comms always makes the game!

As for achievements back in the day, please find below the following:

Rank 10 brawler's guild with [Now you're just showing off] achiev in MoP.

WoTLK: 12/12 HC 25 man back in the days
    Cata: 7/7 HC T12 (Raggy killed in 4.3)
    8/8 HC T13 (~15% nerf for spine + madness)
    MoP: 9/9 gold CM's on sv/bmHunt
    WoD: 8/8 gold CM's
    Setup : Blood DK / 2 MM - BM Hunters / Hpally / Destro - Demo lock

==========================
    CM's:

Challenge Master (realm-best):
    - Siege of Niuzao
    - Mogu'shan Palace
    - Stormstout Brewery
    - Temple of the Jade Serpent

World 13 Scarlet Halls
    World 11 Siege of Niu'zao
    +..
    +.
    ==========================

9/9 gold CM's on rDrood
    9/9 gold CM's on bMonk
    16/16 HC T14 (3% wipes before 5.2 on Sha, killed after)
    13/13 HC T15 (no nerfs 10-man)
    14/14 HC T16 (no nerfs 25-man | 558 ilvl on progress start)
    Lead : 14/14 HC T16 on rDrood (no nerfs 10-man | 543ilvl on progress start - no meta-gem/cloak )
    Lead : 14/14 HC T16 on mwMonk (no nerfs 10-man | 545 ilvl on progress start - no cloak)
    Lead : 13/14 HC T16 on brewMonk (no nerfs 10-man)

I have had tremendous experience with both my rDrood and mwMonk during MoP and lead SoO Mythic raids on both, successfully completing the content as a raid leader.

Would you consider playing any of these characters as your main with guild support to gear up?

I would prefer playing on my hunter as main as it is my favorite of all-time.

Please list Warcraft Logs / World of Logs parses or similar.

Greyman on Draenor - Warcraft Logs (mostly HC logs since I have barely done Mythic kills and during them I was mostly trying to stay alive with a shit internet connection :( )

Why do you play your Class?

Hunters are always a strong DPS with amazing movement capabilities. Always enjoyed having a companion (although the current MM spec does not permit for highest DPS output). I've always liked the feel of playing a hunter due challenges of positioning, fast-paced ability capabilities and requirement for fast reaction times, especially in challenging environments. A strong point for the class is also the ability to help a group with extra tasks w/o it being the greatest inconvenience, which sustains leading with ease.

What are your classes strong and weak points? How is your class valuable?

Currently, MM's only weaknesses are RNG dependency and proactive positioning. If you're not in the place you need to be, mostly before something happens, you definitely lose numbers as the overall rotation skips required bits. I haven't played BM so I couldn't really tell. As survival, spec complexity and lack of AOE rotation compared to MM are definitely weak points.

In which fights have you been in charge of handling special game mechanics in your raiding career?

In all the fights that I have attended, I usually managed at least one of the important abilities.

Raid UI screenshot - in raid content.

Image attached with my UI in a raiding environment. Although a bit older, layout is still the same.

Computer specs:

CPU: i7-4720HQ
    GPU: GTX 960m
    SSD: 256GB
    DDR: 8GB DDR4
    300MB Internet connection

What would you say are the 3 most important addons that you use?

I find all the addons important as they have different improvements and streams of required information:
    - DBM for encounter and spell callouts
    - LUI clears the interface and allows for different positioning of elements (i.e. portrait closer to screen center for a faster following of your target and yourself during a fight)
    - Bartender for fast binding and bar positioning and management
    - Classmods (ex JS' Hunter's bar) for Hunter focus management and buff tracker (i.e. internal CD's of procs, trinkets etc) which can allow for stacking spells.
    - Bagnon for bag management
    - Skada for Statistics of: Damage/Healing/Interrupt/Death logs on the spot

Do you have an authenticator?

Yes, locked and loaded.

How did you hear about Foundation, and what made you consider applying?

Entered the guild as a social through an invite from one of your raiders. Raided a few weekends on alt runs with some guildies.

We use Discord to communicate during raids. Ability to connect to this is mandatory.
    Do you have a headset with a microphone and are you able to communicate verbally in English?

Could easily communicate freely.

Any questions for us or anything else you would like to add?

Nothing on my mind for now!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Reinforce

Reinforce Guild Member

Hey man good to see u apply as raider, u say ur logs are not the best on some bosses due to internet connection - is this resolved now?

Very solid application and experienced player by the looks of it

+1

3. Tram

Tram Officer
    Officer

Hello,

I would also like to ask if your internet is reliable now? Also, are you looking to raid for Legion as you must realise we have a team working on Argus so it is unlikely a trial would get a regular spot.

We are not currently farming mythic content, does this change your application?

If this is an application for BFA it is very strong like Reinforce said, I would not want to accept you and then you be benched without you expecting it.

Last point and meaningless to the app, get Details addon rather than Skada :)

#3 Tram, 18 May 2018
    Last edited: 18 May 2018
  4. Reinforce

Reinforce Guild Member

I use skada still

5. Tram

Tram Officer
    Officer

I was until recently (ish) and mentioned it in raid chat and was laughed at for being "so 2017". It does show more incidental stuff and I am pretty sure ithas a smaller resource footprint.

6. Greyman

Greyman New Member

Ok, so to clarify the points mentioned above:

1) "u say ur logs are not the best on some bosses due to internet connection - is this resolved now?"

R: Yes, the issue is resolved. Got a high-speed, stable internet connection.

2) "Also, are you looking to raid for Legion as you must realise we have a team working on Argus so it is unlikely a trial would get a regular spot."

R: Do your stuff, I'll be here if you need me for anything Legion-related. Possible however, to get informed whether you would require my attendance beforehand?

3) "We are not currently farming mythic content, does this change your application?"

R: No change in my application.

4) "get Details addon rather than Skada"

R: Got it! Definitely worth it due to higher information quantity. Haven't seen any effects on FPS/response speed.

7. Reinforce

Reinforce Guild Member

+1 from me, good MM hunter for bfa, and perhaps we can see what he can do when back at mythic farming after argus dies

8. Tram

Tram Officer
    Officer

Thanks for the reply, will get back to you over the weekend.

Tram

9. Tram

Tram Officer
    Officer

Hello again

We are happy to say we have accepted your application for raiding in BFA, please whisper any raider/officer for a guild invite.

Regards

Tram

10. Calufur

Calufur Guild Member

I thought he was already in the guild as a Social?

11. Greyman

Greyman New Member

True dat. I am already in as a Social.