1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retribution Paladin

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Rockso, 8 Feb 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockso

Rockso New Member

Name - Rockso

Age - 22

Tell us a little about yourself

Well my name is Rockso, i'm from Northern Ireland. I've been playing mmos for a good 11 or so years now, other than them i play alot of RTS and strategy games like Total War and the Paradox games. I read a lot, mostly 40k stuff. I have a sick sense of humour, i can be blunt and rude sometimes but believe me i almost never realise i am being so. I'm a very calm person, so no worries of me rage quiting due to wipes etc I could go on but i won't, i think that counts as a "little":)

Enter your WoW character, up to 5 may be added.

Antivus - WoW
    Blison - WoW

Sometimes the Armory will bug out preventing you from adding characters above, if so please list your characters armory links below.

Would you consider playing any of these characters as your main with guild support to gear up?

I prefer the paladin at the moment, i would be willing to play the shaman if it was needed for certain bosses etc. Like DK's with grip on Aggramar.

Please list Warcraft Logs / World of Logs parses or similar.
    We like looking at logs and while we look for things like how high you are on that meter we also look for defensive skill usage and how much you stress the healers.

Antivus on Draenor - Warcraft Logs
    Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

I've only done HC Antorus once and that was the run on Sunday (the 4th) so there's not much i can do about the lack of logs for that. The second link is the log from that run, it's not the best but it's the only relevant HC log i have of this teir. Otherwise, you could check out the logs from HC Tomb. I did a bunch of sunday runs back then so there is several logs from them you can look through.

As for the shaman, there are none that i would deem relevant. LFR etc. I played the pally the vast majority of time, i simply haven't played the shaman enough to run HC runs. I'm certain i could play it to mythic level if and when required though, with the gear of cource.

Before saying you have no logs take a minute to check - you'd be surprised how many times we hear this and then find logs 20 seconds later.

Why do you play your Class?

I played the pally back when i first got wow back in the day, 10 year old rockso liked the look of it i guess. When i cam back to wow, i picked the pally again on that basis. Turns out i quite like the asthetic of the class and while i can't say the gameplay is fantastic, it does have certain abilities that i like. (crusade) Oh and it's melee, i always play melee unless forced to change.

What are your classes strong and weak points? How is your class valuable?

I'd say the paladins strong points are survivability(BOP,Bubble,LOH etc), it having all three roles at its disposable and its raid utility. Weak points? mobility is crap when comparted to some other classes, its burst could be better in my opinion and i suppose its parse damage is on the lower end of the class spectrum.

I'd say the pally is valuable because it can provide the raid with several raid utility buffs and spells and it also covers all three roles as well. Having a class that has all three roles is useful for mythis prog, and in general.

In which fights have you been in charge of handling special game mechanics in your raiding career?
    In WoW, none really. I took it upon myself to call things on KJ and a few other bosses back in Tomb but otherwise, nothing.

I played swtor for years and in that i was the raid leader, i had just about every jobs that was assigned to my class during that time(kiting, ccing, interrupting, everything i could be assinged to really) as well as the usual raid leading duties.

Raid UI screenshot - in raid content.
    Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Computer specs
    Windows 10 64 bit
    Intel Core i7 - 5820k @3.20gz
    GTX 960 4GB
    8GB 3000MZ DDR4 RAM

What would you say are the 3 most important addons that you use?

Tellmewhen, ElvUi, DBM
    I don't use WA, i can get it if required, i know it's extremely handy in mythic.

Do you have an authenticator?
    No

How did you hear about Foundation, and what made you consider applying?

Been in the guild for a while, as you know. I joined because Muzzy offered me a social spot back when i originally retunred to the game. I want to mythic raid with Foundation in particular because i know the mythic team is filled with good players and i know you guys already. If i was going to mythic raid, why would i choose to go elsewhere when there is a perfectly good mythic guild right here?

We use Teamspeak to communicate during raids. Ability to connect to this is mandatory.
    Do you have a headset with a microphone and are you able to communicate verbally in English?

Yep

Any questions for us or anything else you would like to add?

Well, i feel obligated to mention that i'm job hunting at the moment so if push comes to shove. Work takes prio. College may also become a problem but as of now i have no indication of it being a probem for months upon months. The work stuff is also unlikely, for several reasons that i won't go into here.

I'm just mentioning these things to cover all the bases, understand that it is VERY unlikely to be a problem. As unlikey as Muzz getting to tank in mythic i'd say.

2. Reinforce

Reinforce Guild Member

This excites me. I know we have a big roster but its somewhat dwindling in recent weeks. I also know we have two ret paladins already but from what ive seen of antivus from tomb heroic alt runs he would fit in very well. I only know him from those runs, and i asked him a good few times about his raiding availability because i good see.ghe value of having him present.

Good luck

3. Smoozie

Smoozie Guild Member

I've raided with this guy before and he's always been very reliable when it comes to any aspect of raid execution. Vouch!

Good luck Rockso heavy metal.

4. Muzy

Muzy Guild Member

/signed.

5. Borelia

Borelia Recruitment Guru
    Officer

Accepted for trial.

As you have played with us numerus times most of the guild know that you constantly play well and this paired with never raging even during the most horrible alt runs. So, I am quite happy to have you on board.

You will need some gearing up ofc but that is rather fast, and I don’t have to remind you of what we do on Sundays.

To anyone worried that the team may become too large I must say that recently we are closer to not hitting 20 people than we are full squad. But it has been a long expansion so I am not blaming anyone.

Reinforce likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.