1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selwen - Mage - Applying for BFA

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Selwen, 9 Jul 2018.

1. Selwen

Selwen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Name - João Marques

Age - 22

Tell us a little about yourself - I been playing WoW since 2007 gaming, in general, has been a big part of my life, especially WoW, this game has been in my life for over 10 years now, so I have a special passion for it, more than any other. Im usually not the talkative type but more of a listener but will do so if necessary.
    The most interesting thing about me is probably that I run a small Youtube channel.

Enter your WoW character:

I play every class to varying degrees but I'll limit to the 5.
    Death Knight(Legion Main) - Selwen - WoW
    Druid(Main for a brief period in Antorus) - Selwën - WoW
    Shaman - Xwen - WoW
    Paladin - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/draenor/selwén
    Mage(Main for BFA, naked since didn't play it much besides getting the general understanding of it) - Malwen - WoW

Would you consider playing any of these characters as your main with guild support to gear up?

-Absolutely, I enjoy playing most specs in the game and for the most part, I have no problem switching to something that might help the guild, be class or spec.

Logs:
    DK - Selwen - Draenor - Warcraft Logs
    Druid - Selwën - Draenor - Warcraft Logs
    For the Mage, I have no logs for the reasons stated above. Those probably the most relevant.

Why do you play your Class?

-In Legion I main the DK simply because was what fitted for me at the time, I started playing and immediately fell in love during its Beta, I loved every spec which is what I need when I am on my main so I can easily change in between if needed. The druid was out of necessity for my guild at the time since we lacked healers, healing was something I hadn't done in a while so was a fun come back.
    Currently for BFA having a tough time choosing a main, I wanted to go for something I haven't done in while which is to be a ranged DPS, the mage even though not working as good as it did in Legion , it does what I wanted it to do, I enjoy 2 of its specs(Frost and Fire) and can tolerate Arcane so I can easily go and have fun on whichever spec happens to be the strongest. The mage also offers something that the DK lacked and where I had some fun on my resto druid, mobility and the ability to handle a variety of mechanics, as DK I felt for the most part I didn't brought much to a raid besides few bosses where our grips were useful, as Resto I felt that I could actually make the fight smoother, like being a soaking machine as bear and the mobility of the cat. I feel that the mage brings the same levels of tools to deal/help with mechanics while at the same time keeps me engaged in what im doing to do decent dps.

What are your classes strong and weak points? How is your class valuable?

- About the Mage, I think I covered the most on the point above, I feel as a mage we can bring a lot to a raid, our mobility allows us to deal with movement based machines with ease and reach certain places easier, be to soak or some other mechanic, our immunity also helps greatly with the soaks that blizz loves to throws at us, we also bring a purge, remove curse in BFA and a BL, while at the same time, as Frost, for example, we can dash out pretty decent single-target dps and maintaining really good cleaving damage on 2 targets. Furthermore, we can fairly easy deal damage with movement, by smartly using our procs or blinks. Although that can bring the most frustrating part about the frost mage, its RNG nature.

As fire, will depend on how we are tuned and our gear for the most part, but taking that aside, Fire usually excels in add fights or cleave(3 targets and above), primarily due to our Ignite mechanic. As for the rest can offer the same as a frost mage in terms of utility although frost as the advantage for an Extra Ice Block for those delicious soaks and slows.

Arcane usually is the underdog but can be useful for burst aoe and slightly better mobility with Displacement.

In which fights have you been in charge of handling special game mechanics in your raiding career?

-I have done every role in a raid setting and I've raided since TBC but stopped between cata/pandaria and mostly of WoD, so is hard to remember that far back but in Legion, Antorus recently was in charge of grips on Agrammar even though didn't kill him on the DK and only on my Druid, there I was in charge of CC.
    I've been in every pod on high command(does that even count?) served as the third tank in Mythic Hasabel, although again didn't kill her there. Nighthold, on Spellblade I served again as the grip for the people that messed up the Fire adds. Being a DK didn't really offer much opportunities to shine outside of Aggrammar and some soaks. So im just fishing here.

Back in Wrath, a bit hard to remember but I was a tank so I did whichever was required, from Naxx to the Trial of the Crusader most likely won't count as 'special'.
    When I wasn't however, I vaguely remember doing Thorim tunnel, Yogg's portals and controlling the adds on the dog boss Gluth(?).
    In TBC I can't really remember that far back.

Ui Screenshot:
    Just quick shot from LFR
    https://i.imgur.com/7lVNtv1.jpg

Computer specs:

I5 8400 2,80GHZ(3,8 Turbo)
    16GB Ram
    Nvidia 1060 6GB
    256SSD

Mouse - Corsair M95
    Keyboard - Corsair K55
    Headset - Rha T20i
    Mic - Blue Yeti

What would you say are the 3 most important addons that you use?

-DBM/Bigwigs
    -Tellmewhen/Weakauras
    -Exorsus Raid Tools/Angry Assignments(for notes)
    Whichever the guild uses.

Do you have an authenticator?

- Yes

How did you hear about Foundation, and what made you consider applying?

- An in-game friend of mine(Slayerevenge/Firemessiah) that I raided most of Legion, used to be in the guild and recently came back, so that's how I heard about it.
    Foundation as a guild seems to be exactly what Im looking for in BFA.

We use Discord to communicate during raids. Ability to connect to this is mandatory.
    Do you have a headset with a microphone and are you able to communicate verbally in English?

- Yes and yes

2. Slayeravenge

Slayeravenge Raid Team
    Raider

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    WoW!!!! All I can say guys I've been lucky enough to raid with this guy Selwen here in Legion only 2 words to describe him, Gold Dust. He's an absolute gentlemen and one of the best players I've ever played with in wow.

He is being modest here he can play any class to a sick level if it's tanking, healing, r/dps, melee, would be an absolute pleasure if you got accepted for bfa would be straight in the main team when Mythic hits.

P.S Should have told them you got 17k subs on youtube and you do guides for different classes hehe.

3. Muzy

Muzy Raid Team
    Raider

Ratings:
    +28 / 2 / -1
    *** OFFTOPIC ***

Did you notice that Taliesin name dropped you at the end of his BfA Healers Ranked video?
    timestamp 13:54
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_jgPt4l__o
    added as "code" as I don't want to give free clickthroughs :)

4. Selwen

Selwen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Haha I didn't even know, wow that's awesome I think...thanks for letting me know :p

5. Soulkill

Soulkill Raid Team
    Raider

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I think our officer in charge of recruitment is away on a work trip so might explain why he has not replied here. Watched a few of your youtube class guide videos they are good, you obviously put a lot of effort into making them.

6. Melamber

Melamber Cat Herder
    Guild Leader

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Heya,

We're up for a trial spot, slayers already sung your praises on discord too me and I was already familiar with your channel, typically one of my goto channels when a alt hit 110.
    Any of the raiders or officers can invite if you poke them.